Bonus - Hometown Hero (2017)

 


Synopsis: 
A cynical divorce mediator is forced to care for a client’s dog. The mischievous hound warms her heart, and after spending time with the local vet, she begins to find that maybe the true love she dared not believe in is actually closer than she thinks. 

Cast: 
Brooke Nevin, Jake Sandvig, Megan Price, McKinley Freeman, Stephanie Charles, Heather Marie Marsden, and Antonio Sabato Jr. 

Genre: 
Romance 

Premiered 
April 1, 2017 - PixL TV 


I don't know why I bother to watch pet movies because I don't really like animal focused, or animal adjacent, films. Never have, and I'm a pet owner. So this lady is a divorce mediator who's trying to make partner at her firm when she gets saddled with taking care of her client's dog. She's got a fun mom, and becomes super close to a vet in a matter of days. Side story is the coworker who's overworked and trying to make time for the wifey. Antonio Saboto Jr. plays the boss. Remember when he was a hot commodity? Yeah, he had a brief moment in the sun. Very much your typical clean romance made for TV movie. That's not a bad thing, but despite how good Brooke Nevin is and the mostly good cast I found this film dragged after awhile, and kinda boring. It's serviceably made for sure. I neither liked it or hated it. It's fine really. 

My Rating: ⭐⭐½ 






Comments