Christmas Inheritance (2017)

 

Synopsis: 
To inherit her father's company, socialite Ellen must first visit his small hometown, where she learns the value of hard work and helping others. 

Starring: 
Eliza Taylor, Jake Lacy, Andie MacDowell, Michael Xavier, and Neil Crone 

Genre: 
Drama, Romance 

Premiered: 
December 15, 2017 


Christmas in July Movie #23πŸŽ„πŸ–️ 

So I skipped the last two days, but I’m back today for my daily Christmas in July movie which has been on my Netflix watchlist since 2017. Finally getting to Christmas Inheritance, Netflix's first original holiday movie. 

This is another we gotta teach this lady who doesn’t act like she should and is spoiled-ish a lesson during Christmas by forcing her to go to a small town and having a potential love interest be annoyingly bitchy cause he thinks she’s a pain. Do chores to learn your lesson lady. Plus she’s got a man of business for a fiancΓ©. Daddy needs her to change, maybe he should’ve done a better job raising her. This lady needs to get fixed ya’ll. Get this, the potential new love was burned by the big city. By movies end I bet she falls in love with small town and sarcastic guy. Honestly this could’ve been a Hallmark movie. This lady ain’t so bad, a tad foolish but small town living will fix her right up. I know that dad is trying to teach her a lesson or something but telling her not to take her credit cards, go undercover, and only giving her a hundred dollars in 2017 is a dick move. It’s his small hometown so she won’t end up on the street, hungry, or murdered. Not in a Christmas movie anyhow. 

All silly trash talk aside this movie is fine. It’s a typical well worn plot for a holiday movie and completely predictable, but it looks good. Acting is good as well. Only gripe I have is the two guys are both ass hats and I’d rather she chose none of them. It’s fine really. If you like these type of holiday movies from Hallmark, Lifetime, or UpTV this will be up your alley. There were parts I really did enjoy, and this movie was up my alley, but honestly the romance arc of it all did nothing for me. I would totally watch it again though. 

My Rating: ⭐⭐½  







Where to Watch: Netflix 

Comments