Christmas Catch (2018)


Synopsis: 
Detective Mackenzie Bennett loves Christmas. But her plans to spend the holidays with her family, friends – not to mention a handsome new stranger who just moved to town – are put on hold when the F.B.I. tells her that her gorgeous new friend is a suspect in a diamond heist. Now, under cover (and under tight supervision), Mack finds herself getting close to a man who might be a criminal, but who also might be the man of her dreams! 

Starring: 
Emily Alatalo, Franco Lo Presti, Andrew Bushell, Genelle Williams, Lauren Holly, and Yanic Truesdale 

Genre: 
Comedy, Romance, Crime 

Premiered: 
December 2, 2018 - UPtv 


Christmas in July 2020 Movie #6 

I can't believe how much I enjoyed this almost garbage dump of a movie. I mean that in a loving way. Seriously. 


Undercover cop falls for the possible bad boy in this cheap holiday rom-com with a crazy head scratching why would someone go through that much trouble when there are like a hundred easier ways twist. The majority of this cast was pretty good, except the lead guy who we're supposed to believe has chemistry with said undercover cop. He was rough. All the supporting players I liked. I must admit to laughing at the majority of their corny jokes like the running gag of the poor girl being a terrible flirt who wears bad shoes. And I forgive it's completely unbelievable plot and ending. This movie won me over ya'll. I am not ashamed. 


I missed this back when it aired on UpTV, watched it on Amazon Prime, but I do wonder if her ogling her lead suspect through a camera while he walks around in nothing but a towel was in the broadcast version. There's a brief bra scene, and an innocent sex joke thrown in too boot. I'm going to assume it was as UpTV is a little edgier in their movies. Tame edgier that is. 


I think this movie broke me. 


My Rating: ⭐⭐½ 











Where to Watch: Up Faith & Family / Netflix / Tubi 


Comments