Boyfriends of Christmas Past (2021)

 


Synopsis: 
Leading up to Christmas, marketing executive Lauren, is visited by the ghosts of four ex boyfriends. She must learn to open her heart or risk losing her best friend, Nate. 

Starring: 
Catherine Haena Kim, Raymond Ablack, Paul Sun-Hyung Lee, Susan Hanson, Jordan Kronis, Karn Kalra, Ish Morris, Jon McLaren 

Genre: 
Romance, Comedy, Fantasy 

Premiered: 
October 23, 2021 - Hallmark Channel 


🎄 2021 Christmas Bing Watch Movie #2 🎄 

Based on the book by Edie Grace. Haven't read the novel so I don't know how faithful the movie adaptation is.  

Clearly inspired by Charles Dickens' all time beloved holiday classic the Christmas Carol. Yes, the premise has been done to death, but I did enjoy all these old boyfriends popping up to show Lauren the way. Plus I normally do like the friends to potential lovers angle. I enjoyed this movie, it was fun. I laughed and had a good time. I will say the movie doesn't particular look great. I mean it's serviceably made, and some of the acting is a tad weak, but they did the best they could with what they had. I do wish there was more oomph when the ghosts came, or the transitions from one scene in the past to another looked a bit more magical. I could go on and on about certain wigs that was used, but I won't even though I desperately want too. None of that is a deal breaker though. There are no surprises here, you know where it's going at al times, but Catherine Haena Kim is extremely likable and charming. Lauren is trying to deal with her issues, and poor Nate is stuck in the friend zone. I mean he's stuck in the friend zone hard like Jorah Mormont on Game of Thrones. (Let me take a moment here to mourn Jorah and House Mormont. Still hurts, but at least he went out a hero. And Danny sucks. Yes I said it. I ain't taken it back, she sucks. You know what else, I loved how Game of Thrones ended.) Honestly Nate was too good for Lauren. This is a quaint holiday romcom. 

My Rating: ⭐⭐½ 









Where to Watch: Hallmark Channel 

Comments