The Santa Stakeout (2021)

 


Synopsis: 
Tanya is a police detective who is reluctantly partnered with fellow detective Ryan to solve a recent string of heists taking place during high-profile holiday parties around town. They go undercover as newlyweds Tasha and Rupert, moving into the vacant house next to Mr. Miller, the jovial chair of the community's Christmas committee..and the prime suspect in the case. As Tanya and Ryan partake in the neighborhood's holiday happenings to keep up appearances and crack the case, they get swept up in Christmas. Before they know it, their cover story as a couple in love starts to become reality. 

Starring: 
Tamera Mowry-Housley, Paul Campbell, Joe Pantoliano, Peter Bryant, and Rebecca Staab 

Genre:
Comedy, Crime, Mystery 

Premiered: 
October 24, 2021 - Hallmark Channel 


🎄 2021 Christmas Binge Watch Movie #4 🎄 

It's amazing what you can do with a small budget, a simple script, and two actors that ooze chemistry. I loved this movie, it was so much fun. You've got these two budding detectives who keep digging holes for themselves while undercover trying to figure out this crime spree only to find themselves getting trapped in Christmas joy. I loved the Captain, all he wanted to do was solve this case and retire cause he deserved that drink with an umbrella. The poor beat cop who's well intentioned but keeps tripping over everything. This movie kinda reminds me of those light screw ball comedies of the thirties/forties. The cast is great, Paul Campbell and Tamer Mowry-Housley played off each other so well. Like I need a sequel. I wasn't crazy on how the mystery played out, but I was happy that the romance took a bit of a back seat. Yes it's pretty on the nose how these two opposites think they know each other only to find out they don't, and look at each other with heart eyes, but the chemistry is so good that it all works. I just had a lot fun watching this, and if I can laugh and have a good time then it's all good. I don't know if this will work for everybody, but I was won over by the chemistry and the cast. I can see this becoming a favorite with the Hallmark fans. Fellow Hallmark regular Peter Benson movies form in front of the camera to behind it, and so far his directorial efforts for Hallmark have paid off. 

My Rating: ⭐⭐⭐  










Where to Watch: Hallmark Channel 

Comments