Debbie Macomber's A Mrs. Miracle Christmas (2021)


Synopsis: 
When a family faces loneliness and loss of faith, Mrs. Miracle swoops in to renew their Christmas Spirit, and they experience a holiday of heavenly proportions. 

Starring: 
Kaitlin Doubleday, Steve Lund, Paula Shaw, Caroline Rhea, Jordyn Ashley Olson, and Jason Cermak 

Genre: 
Drama 

Premiered: 
November 6, 2021 - Hallmark Movies & Mysteries 


🎄 2021 Christmas Binge Watch Movie #13 🎄 

Based on the fourth novel in Debbie Macomber's Mrs. Miracle series of novels. Hallmark has gone back and resurrected, or rebooted, their Mrs.Miracle franchise. The first two novels in the series Mrs. Miracle and Call Me Mrs. Miracle were adapted by Hallmark in 2009 and 2010 starring Doris Roberts as the titular Mrs. Miracle. The third novel in the series, Mr. Miracle, was adapted by Hallmark in 2014. There's no more Mrs. Miracle/Mr. Miracle books as far as I know, but I wouldn't be surprised if Hallmark makes another one next year if ratings were good enough and fan feedback is positive. I have never read any of the novels, so I'm not sure how faithful this adaption was. I shall be rectifying that. 

I loved this movie, and I'm not ashamed to admit I teared up while watching. I found the story very touching. You know the story was mainly about dealing with grief over the loss of loved ones, gut wrenching disappointments, and the struggle to movie past all of that. There was plenty of hope as this family learned to movie forward with their lives, and take those leap of faiths that might not end well. Even though we're dealing with angels, the core of what these characters were going through was very relatable. I thought the cast was pretty solid. Pauls Shaw was great as the grandmother, that lady knew what was up. I do wish we'd have gotten more of Caroline Rhea as Mrs. Miracle, she was delightful. Loved her small purse, it's the modern day Mary Poppins bag. Obviously this movie deals with faith, there's an angel coming down to help this family, but it's not heavy handed. In fact its bare minimum. Still a great feel good holiday film. 

My Rating: ⭐⭐⭐½ 








Where to Watch: Hallmark Movies & Mysteries 

Comments