Much Ado About Christmas (2021)

 



Synopsis: 
Haley is a wealthy heiress know for her acts of kindness. At a party Haley meets hopeless romantic Claud, and she keeps her wealthy family a secret from him. When Claud pitches an ad campaign to Haley's mother and Haley's secrets come unraveling, things get a but complicated. 

Starring: 
Susie Abromeit, Torrance Coombs, Emma Colling, James Rottger, Olivier Raynal, Leona Lloyd, and Jacinta Mulcahy 

Genre: 
Romance 

Premiered: 
October 30, 2021 - GAC Family 


🎄 2021 Christmas Binge Watch Movie #8 🎄 

I was actually looking forward to this movie because I normally really enjoy the TV movies that Michael Damian directs and co-writes with his wife Janeen Damian. Last year I loved 'The Christmas Waltz', and one of my favorite holiday royal movies is still 'A Princess for Christmas'. He's done various enjoyable television movies. And yes Michael Damian is forever Danny Romalotti from 'The Young and the Restless' for me. Plus when we were kids we blasted 'Rock On' every time it was on the radio. So yeah, been a fan for awhile now. Also this movie has nothing to do with Shakespeare, in case anybody was wondering with that title and all. 

I really didn't enjoy this movie. I think the script was fine, somebody lying about who they are and it blowing up in their face was what you'd expect for a feel good holiday romance. Throw in a tad of Christmas magic, and that's fine too. I totally think that lady is supposed to be Mrs. Claus, but any who. This movie looks pretty decent, it's christmasy, it defiantly gives you a fairytale vibe, so it's really decent on all those fronts. What I really couldn't get past was all the terrible acting going on. Man, I know Torrance Coombs has been faking that accent for awhile now but it was not good here. There was absolutely no chemistry between anybody. I just found the main romantic couple a bore to watch. Is this the worst thing I've ever seen, absolutely not. It's a fine holiday film, it's just the acting is so cringe it ruined the whole movie for me. I know folks who loved it, and that's fine. It just didn't land for me. 

Okay, let's get the elephant out of the room. I know that there are folks out there who aren't fully on board with this new channel, GAC Family. It's being run by former Hallmark Channel CEO Bill Abbott who was fired, or stepped down depending on who's side of the story you're on, from the network last year. He's controversial, google it cause the story is long. Needless to say he is copying his Hallmark playbook beat by beat, and he's poaching stars as well. There's a lot of Hallmark regulars who are appearing in holiday movies on GAC this year, but they are also appearing in Hallmark, Lifetime, and UPtv movies. These actors are not household names, sorry their not uber famous. They get jobs and sometimes these movies get acquired by whatever networks. Work is work, and I hold nothing against the talent. Even the most recognizable actor in these type of movies is because at one point in their careers they were on a popular TV show. Hate to be truthful, but there it is. Doesn't mean they are any less valuable, or don't have fans, or aren't talented. I know who all these actors are cause I watch a lot of telefilms. Wether you want to watch this channel or not, it's completely fine. I debated, and I don't agree with the CEO's views, but in the end I was like I'll just watch the holiday films. Like I wanna see Jill Wagner's new movie. It's been a struggle of a decision. It's early days yet. I will say this network is working dirty and poaching stars for exclusive deals, like Danica McKellar. That has got to be a blow to Hallmark, who's currently in a transition phase with new powers that be. Not only that but they resurrected 'When Hope Calls' for a second season, a spin off of Hallmark's super popular 'When Calls the Heart'. I don't know how they managed that, but they did. They're kicking off season two with a Christmas movie that stars Lori Loughlin reprising her popular character form 'When Calls the Heart'. Loughlin was fired from Hallmark after getting arrested for the college admission scandal, by Bill Abbott ironically. Folks are up in arms about that, but I'm like she served her time give her a second chance. I mean we still celebrate, listen to, read stuff, and watch stuff with celebrities who are apart of cults, served jailed time, killed somebody, killed animals, have all sorts of addictions, DUIs, and even sexual assaults and nobody bats an eye. They can all get second or third chances but not this lady. Not only that but Daniel Lising who was a co-lead on 'When Calls the Heart' as Jack, and was killed off that show is appearing along with Lori Loughlin as who knows what. Plus he's got another holiday film lined up for them. Bet he wishes he never left that show or Hallmark. I'm serious. He was a lead, one half of the show's main couple, and loved by fans. He was like I'm done and moving on to other stuff, but comes crawling back to the lesser watched spin off that only had one season prior on a brand new network that only a dozen folks have heard about. I mean it's been like two years since the last time 'When Hope Calls' aired. Any who I digress, but it's interesting to see how this war between networks will go. I will say at the end of the day for some of these actors, money talks. 

My Rating: ⭐⭐








Where to Watch: GAC Family / Peacock 

Comments