Nantucket Noel (2021)

 


Synopsis: 
During the Seaside Noel celebrations Christina learns of a developer who is planning to tear down the wharf that is home to her toy store. Tensions rise as she falls for the developer's son, Andy. 

Starring: 
Sarah Power, Trevor Donovan, Payton Lepinski, Daniel Bacon, Fiona Vroom, Bruce Dawson, and Heather-Claire Nortey 

Genre: 
Romance 

Premiered: 
November 29, 2021 - Hallmark Channel 


🎄 2021 Christmas Binge Watch Movie #27 🎄 

Based on the novel ‘Let it Snow’ by Nancy Thayer. 

I’m so glad that Sarah Power has a leading role in a Hallmark movie. After Good Witch was cancelled I was afraid we might not see the cast on Hallmark as much. I mean the show was on for seven seasons and had more than a dozen movies so it had a great run, I’m just greedy. I love Sarah Power so I was excited for this movie, and it’s just fine. It’s another save the whatever story, but it has probably as realistic of an ending as one of these movies is gonna give you. The supporting cast, specifically Daniel Bacon and Fiona Vroom, added much levity. They were great, I’d watch an entire movie about those two and their shenanigans. Man the developer dad was such a grouch, not even his granddaughter could break him. Sarah Power was great, so I enjoyed it as much as I did because of her. Trevor Donovan was was a bit stiff for me, and he and Sarah Power didn’t have that great of chemistry, but it still worked for me. I liked the sentimental angle of the story, once again dealing with grief and legacy. I’m happy that it didn’t have all the usual beats of a save the whatever story. I mean all these save the whatever movies have a pretty much straight line of story arcs that they all follow, but the movie turned left and right a few times trying to freshen up the tried and true formula. Lovely scenery, it all looked so peaceful. I’m pretty sure they filmed this in British Columbia as a stand-in for Nantucket. I would absolutely watch this again. Sarah Power gets an entire star alone for this movie’s rating. 

My Rating: 🌟🌟🌟 








Where to Watch: Hallmark Channel 

Comments