One December Night (2021)

 


Synopsis: 
two music managers must put their history aside to oversee the televised reunion performance of their rock star fathers with a fractured past. 

Starring: 
Peter Gallagher, Bruce Campbell, Eloise Mumford, and Brett Dalton 

Genre: 
Drama 

Premiered: 
November 13, 2021 - Hallmark Movies & Mysteries 


🎄 2021 Christmas Binge Watch Movie #19 🎄 

If you think you have to wait and watch till the last five or so minutes to hear Bruce Campbell and Peter Gallagher sing then you'd be correct. Outside of that I really liked this movie more than I thought I would. The commercials and trailer for it left me a little underwhelmed. Thankfully it's so much better than I thought it'd be. Having a rock duo break up, fight about money, and the integrity of the music is actually believable. Lot's of heavy stuff going on, like a strained parental relationship, alcoholism, illness, burnouts, and grief. This was a well made film, with solid performances, and I was invested in the characters. I wanted to see Peter Gallagher and Eloise Mumford mend their relationship, and I wanted to see the guys burry the hatch and sing their famous Christmas song, One December Night. I didn't care either way about the romance, but nothing felt forced or show horned in. My one complaint is that we didn't get enough of these guys singing. Instead we got a character who Eloise Mumford is representing, I can't remember her name, singing Christmas songs throughout. Like it's fine, but I could've done without it. The clueless producer was pretty funny. This movie is really good, and it tugs at your heartstrings, and it's about family. (I said that family line Fast & Furious style.) I miss these dramatic holiday tales. 

My Rating: ⭐⭐⭐ ½ 









 

Where to Watch: Hallmark Movies & Mysteries 

Comments