Open By Christmas (2021)


Synopsis: 
When Nicky finds an unopened Christmas card from a high school secret admirer, she and her best friend Simone search to find and thank the anonymous author. 

Starring: 
Alison Sweeney, Erica Durance, Brennan Elliott, and Michael karl Richards 

Genre: 
Drama, Mystery 

Premiered: 
November 12, 2021 - Hallmark Channel 


🎄 2021 Christmas Binge Watch Movie #15 🎄 

---  LIGHT SPOILERS  ---

I had to sit with this one for a minute. I liked this, the chemistry was there, and its well acted, but boy was everything so easy to figure out. Who wrote that card, it's screaming all over the place. I don't think that takes away anything from the film, the journey to the realization was entertaining enough. When Nicky finds the card she bursts into tears, like it meant so much to her because high school was tough. It's been over twenty years. I thought that was a bit much. I had a terrible time in high school, I get it, but again it's been over twenty years. At some point you got to let some of that go. Maybe I'm being too harsh. Naturally Nicky discovers that not everything was as bad as she remembers and then some. BFF Simone has her own drama to get through, almost too much drama. She's got a son who's growing up, a new man she wants to spend more time with, and not a great relationship with said man's momma. There's so much going on I don't know think much time was spent fleshing out all her storylines. I liked this movie, I really did, but the more I sit with it the more I nitpick it. In the end I'd totally recommend it because there's a lot to enjoy when watching. Brennan Elliott is charming and funny, watching him stumble around Alison Sweeney was fun. Plus they had solid chemistry. Alison Sweeney is great, and if your looking for a more sentimental holiday film then this one fits that bill. The few nitpicks I had, it might annoy me in the moment, but I'd totally watch this again as I was entertained while watching. 

My Rating: ⭐⭐⭐ 










Where to Watch: Hallmark Channel 

Comments