The Great Christmas Switch (2021)


Synopsis: 
In an effort to get away from their problems for a little while during a particularly stressful holiday season, identical twins, Sophia, a single girl in the city with a demanding boss, and Kaelynn, a single mother of two in the Midwest, decide to switch places for Christmas. While living each other's lives they realize that what's been missing in their own lives may not be too far out of reach after all. 

Starring: 
Sarah Lind, Dillon Casey, Jon McLaren, and Rob Stewart 

Genre: 
Romance, Comedy 

Premiered: 
November 6, 2021 - GAC Family 


🎄 2021 Christmas Binge Watch Movie #21 🎄 

I can't believe how much I enjoyed this movie. After watching the trailer I was like, ugh, but I'm glad to be happily wrong. While watching my mind did immediately think of Candace Cameron Bure's 2017 Hallmark Christmas movie "Switched for Christmas". It has the same premise, twin sisters switching places, dealing with jobs, families, and love interests. But in all fairness stories about identical twins switching places is nothing new or original. Sarah Lind did a really good job in both her roles, I even forgive the horrible barely combed wig she was sporting for awhile. As you can imagine shenanigans ensue due to trying to keep with this all consuming lie. Both men being clueless, especially the hubby, had me laughing. What a crappy husband that he can't tell the difference. If you really think about it, it is a terrible lie and betrayal, but all is forgiven in a holiday movie. I loved that nobody knew what was what and the lie played out till the end. It's not perfect, but I enjoyed the ridiculousness of it all. I would definitely watch this again. 

My Rating: 🌟🌟🌟 ½







Where to Watch: GAC Family / Peacock 

Comments