Christmas Movie Magic (2021)

 


Synopsis: 
When entertainment writer Alli Blakeman is assigned a story covering the anniversary of a classic Christmas movie in the small town where it was filmed, she agrees on the condition that it could lead to a big promotion. When she meets a local theatre owner Brad, they unravel the mysteries origins of the movie's signature song and Alli learns that movie magic isn't always just on-screen. 

Starring: 
Holly Deveaux, Drew Seeley, Jennifer Gibson, Jill Frappier, and Robin Dunne 

Genre: 
Romance, Mystery 

Premiered: 
December 7, 2021 - Lifetime Channel 


🎄 2021 Christmas Binge Watch Movie #99 🎄


You know what I kinda liked this one. Maybe it was all the nostalgic feels toward classic movies. It started a bit rough, I found some of the acting a bit stiff, but everybody seemed to loosen up as the movie progressed. I did really like the old school opening credits, and loved the dance number at the end. Thought that was a nice romantic flare for this movie. There wasn’t one beat of this movie’s mystery that I didn’t see coming, and I can’t see how nobody else would’ve either. I figured it was going to all unfold like that. Though I did find the mysterious love story these guys were trying to figure out kinda sad. This movie isn’t gonna win any awards, it’s not perfect, but what is. It’s predictable, the acting is so so, the chemistry could use some work, but it had a charm that won me over. I dug it in the moment. 

My Rating: ⭐⭐½ 






Where to Watch: Lifetime, Prime Video, Vudo, Plex 

Comments