Making Spirits Bright (2021)


Synopsis: 
The son and daughter of rival holiday decorating families help mend their fathers' decades-old feud, finding romance along the way as they compete in the town's holiday decorating contest. 

Starring: 
Taylor Cole, Carlo marks, John Cassini, Garry Chalk, Eileen Pedde, Marlee Walchuk, and Christina Sicoli 

Genre: 
Drama, Romance 

Premiered: 
November 27, 2021 - Hallmark Channel 


🎄 2021 Christmas Binge Watch Movie #34 🎄 

This movie, I don't know how much I like it. I don't hate, I mean it's quite serviceable, it's just kinda bland. It's like when you order hot coco and it comes back slightly cool and there's no whip cream. The premise is different, these families were hard core decorators. I mean they left no part of your house without a Christmas light. Imagine if they did this during Halloween as well. I loved the family aspect of the story, the dads fighting and the moms trying to speak reason. The romance of it all felt weak, I didn't buy them as a couple. Their work strugglers were believable and nobody had to give up anything to be with someone so that's a plus. The best part of this film was the family dynamic. Everyone was pretty likable, and the movie didn't make it like you had to pick a side. You're rooting for them to make up. In the end I'd say this holiday flick is just okay. 

My Rating: ⭐⭐½ 









Where to Watch: Hallmark Channel 

Comments