The Enchanted Christmas Cake (2021)


Synopsis: 
After recently losing her grandmother, Gwen is struggling to run their bakery, regain the Christmas spirit, and figure out her grandmother's magical recipe for the town's legendary Enchanted Christmas Cake. So, when a high-end chef comes to town to film a Christmas special, Gwen reluctantly agrees to help the producer Gavin prepare for the shoot to help support her bakery. As sparks fly, will she discover that Gavin is the secret ingredient she was missing all along? 

Starring: 
Erica Durance, Robin Dunne, Kyana Teresa, Sarah Abbott, Paulino Nunes, Kathleen Laskey, Martin Roach, and Jill Frappier 

Genre: 
Romance, Comedy 

Premiered: 
December 15, 2021 - Lifetime Channel 


🎄 2021 Christmas Binge Watch Movie #80 🎄

---- Minor Spoilers ----

Holy bad hairdos and wigs Batman! 


I have never heard of Romeo and Juliet as R & J, and I refuse to believe so. This movie is weird. The mother is an absolute turd and doesn’t get the comeuppance she so royally deserves. The granddad is like I tried to raise her right. The recipe stealing chef is so over the top, in a fun kind of way, that is until it’s not anymore. Honestly I wasn’t prepared for the zany this movie gives you, and I don’t think the movie itself is. I get that this cake is a love cake, so there’s already an element of magic going on, but….uh. I'm scratching my head over this….I just don’t know. I defiantly don’t want whatever strain they were smoking. 😂 

My Rating: ⭐⭐ 




Where to Watch: Lifetime, Prime Video 

Comments