The Holiday Fix Up (2021)


Synopsis: 
When Sam, the designer behind a popular home renovation show, returns to her hometown during the holidays to help renovate the Bell Harbor Inn, she gets paired with Coop as her lead contractor. The only problem - he's the guy who broke her heart and she's the one who got away. Sparks fly as they work closely to get the renovations done in time for the inn's annual Christmas Eve Harborfest. Will they be able to fix the mistakes of their past to build a future together? 

Starring: 
Jana Kramer, Ryan McPartlin, Maria Menounos, Steve Vinovich, Brandon Ford Green, and Brian Sills

Genre: 
Drama, Romance 

Premiered: 
December 11, 2021 - Lifetime Channel 


🎄 2021 Christmas Binge Watch Movie #76 🎄

Huh. Well, as a lover of HGTV I did enjoy the fixer up angle. I mean the girl has to go home to learn some kind of lesson is at play here story wise. I like the leads, I don't know if they had that great of chemistry, but the movie was fun enough. For a person who watches a lot of television movies, and a bunch of Christmas ones, nothing new or different is done here. You could see the beats of the story with your eyes closed. That said it's not a bad watch. I did question some of the hairdos Maria Menounos had. Like was she trying to look younger? Yup, I said what I said. So I know that Jana Kramer and Ryan McPartlin recorded a duet for this movie, and the holiday tune wasn't that bad, a bit twangy. I will say my favorite part was the snowball fight. The score was very bombastic, and slow-mo was used, gotta mimic those serious battle scenes in war movies now. I laughed, it was ridiculous. However, I do not forgive this movie for that Ryan Seacrest cameo. 

My Rating: ⭐⭐½ 









Where to Watch: Lifetime, Prime Video 

 

Comments