Time for Them to Come Home for Christmas (2021)


Synopsis: 
During the holidays, a woman with amnesia catches a ride with her handsome nurse to investigate the only clue to her identity: a newspaper clipping for a Christmas Festival with a cryptic invitation. 

Starring: 
Jessy Schram, Brendan Penny, Lochlyn Munro, Brendan Zub, Lisa Durupt, April Telek, Camille Mitchell, and Alison Sweeney 

Genre: 
Drama 

Premiered: 
November 27, 2021 - Hallmark Movies & Mysteries 


🎄 2021 Christmas Binge Watch Movie #36 🎄 

It is amazing that Hallmark has stretched out a premise for four movies. First we had "Time for Me," then came "Time for You," then "Time for Us", and now "Time for Them." Whats in store for next year, will it be they, or I, or people. The very first movie was based on the book "Time for me to Come Home" by Dorothy Shackleford and Travis Thrasher. And the song by Blake Shelton. All these movies are produced by Blake Shelton. They keep milking it, and that's fine. 

These movies have become more dramatic, and I think the balance of emotional baggage for this fourth installment is not over the top and less manipulative. What Brendan Penny's character goes through is a roller coaster of raw emotion that a lot of people will be able to relate to. I think that storyline is the best, and most compelling of the film. Jessy Schram's character losing her memory and going on a road trip to recover it is less so. Especially because the roadblock she has to overcome is an incredibly unlikable character. Overall I think this movie is better than the second and third film in this franchise, with the first being the best. At least that's how I'm remembering it, honestly I'm never gonna rewatch any of these again. It's fine. I wish it was just about what Brendan Penny was going through. The way all these nurses and cops were determined to help this lady get her memory back was kinda over the top. 

There is a cameo in this movie that links this to a past movie from the franchise. Once I saw the name in the credits I was like that person can not be playing a new character. I'm not sure why this cameo happened, these movies have never been interconnected before except for the music. It's a pointless cameo, especially if you've never seen any of the other films. It's fine I guess, just a wink and a nod to the fans, but it's still useless. Like hey look at me and I'll just throw out a line about how I'm still in the same good place as when my movie ended. Sure whatever. This movie was directed by Hallmark regular Peter Benson. 

My Rating: ⭐⭐½ 








Where to Watch: Hallmark Movies & Mysteries 

Comments