Baking Spirits Bright (2021)


Synopsis: 
Mira Varma takes pride in her family's business of making fruitcakes, despite the decline in its popularity of once being America's most-gifted holiday confection. When Mira's parents decide to hire Brady Phillips and his high-powered marketing company to boost sales for the holidays, Mira must fight to hold not the heart of the company she loves so much. 

Starring: 
Rekha Sharma, Dion Johnstone, Aadila Dosani, Praneet Akilla, Manoj Sood,  Nimet Kanji, Ruin Garner, Ryan Williams, and Reese Alexander 

Genre: 
Drama, Romance 

Premiered: 
November 11, 2021 - Lifetime Channel 


🎄 2021 Christmas Binge Watch Movie #56 🎄 

I just watched an entire movie try to tell me fruitcake is good. Like no, ain't buying it. I've never known anyone, except my mother, who liked fruitcake. I once saw her eating it in secret. It was a trying time mind you. No seriously, I can't get into fruitcake. Growing up with my people's iteration of fruitcake was bad enough, but once I was an adult and I discovered various other fruitcakes from around the world I still wasn't buying it. 


This movie was kinda dull, and the romance was sleep inducing. Seeing a bunch of folks trying to come up with a campaign for their fruitcake business was boring, but I did like the cast. I felt the frustrations of this lady who was like can we not rely on social media influencers and hipsters to buy fruitcake. I feel ya, we're doomed on that end. This movie is just okay, it was just a little too lackluster here and there for me. 

My Rating: ⭐⭐ 







Where to Watch: Lifetime 

Comments