The Wonderful Winter of Mickey Mouse (2021)


Synopsis: 
Join Mickey and the gang in these winter tales about making snow, a cabin retreat, and ice skating. 

Starring: 
Chris Diamantopoulos, Tony Anselmo, Bill Farmer, Kaitlyn Robrock, Antonia Thomas, Craig Robinson, and Fred Tatasciore 

Genre: 
Animation, Family, Comedy, Adventure, Fantasy, Short Film 

Premiered: 
February 18, 2021 - Disney+ 


Christmas in July 2022 - Movie #19 🩱🏖🎄 

 

Okay, this is not a Christmas special. It has nothing to do with the holiday, it's about winter stuff but I'm including it any how because why not. I love these Mickey Mouse shorts. I love the animation, how creepy they almost are, how Goofy looks like a deranged drunk who hasn't showered in a month, it's just such silly nonsense. It has a forever place in my heart. 


So this special contains three stories. The first one involves Mickey working in the clouds as a janitor dreaming of being a snowflake maker. Well if you know these shorts Mickey can't resist temptation, so he makes a snowflake and all hell breaks loose. All three of these stories are manic in their own way, which I love. Mickey frantically trying to stop that giant snowflake from crashing into the earth made me laugh. The second story is where Mickey, Donald, and Goofy go to a cabin to spend the weekend and it's a dump. Lucky for them they get snowed in and are and starving. So naturally all three slowly loose it and make matters worse. Them using the house to ski had me rolling. The last skit has Mickey and Minnie ice dancing their little mouse hearts out for the sheer pleasure, and applause, of the audience. Though they do have to up the dance routine every time they perform to keep the audience happy, and Goofy does complicate matters as only he can. The pressure is on. The snowflake capper is my favorite, but I loved it all. Chef's kiss. 


My Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐ 







Where to Watch: Disney+ 

Comments