Gingerbread Miracle (2021)


Synopsis: 
Two old friends from high school work together over Christmas to sell his uncle's Mexican bakery, famous for its magical gingerbread cookies that grant wishes. 

Starring: 
Merritt Patterson, Jon Ecker, Jorge Montesi, Elyse Maloway, Sunita Prasad, Lini Evans, Patch May, Preston Vanderslice, Robert Wisden, and Jacqueline Samuda 

Genre: 
Romance 

Premiered: 
November 5, 2021 - Hallmark Channel 


๐ŸŽ„ 2021 Christmas Binge Watch Movie #11 ๐ŸŽ„ 

If you take a drink every time someone in this movie say panaderรญa you're gonna be seriously buzzed, and if you can't hold your liquor you'll be drunk. 

First off, the kitchen sets in this movie we're to die for. Even that gorgeous garage apartment had a nice little kitchen. I had kitchen envy bad. Chef's kiss to that. I'm recommending this movie solely on the gingerbread house race. These fools were running around holding gingerbread houses in one hand while going down slides, it was a full blown obstacle course. No way them houses weren't glued to the hand during filming. Any who, this movie was just fine. It's kinda cute, doesn't do anything new, but it's serviceable enough. I wish they played up more on these magical wish granting cookies instead of all how we gonna sell this panaderรญa blah blah blah, but alas. Nothing plot wise will surprise the viewer, you can see it all coming from six blocks over while wearing a blindfold. The cast was fine, they had some chemistry and were likable. I'm just tired of the plots where your high school crush or ex is your soulmate. Like that's heavy for a fifteen year old. I never wanted cookies as much as I did when watching this movie. There is these one scene that gave me pause. They are transporting these dishes in boxes, the dishes are all haphazardly pilled together, not individually wrapped, almost falling out of the boxes, and while they are walking you can visible see them shaking. I was like no way them dishes remain intact to their destination. No ladies, no! I was slapping hands in my head. It's the stupid stuff one remembers. I'll forever remember this movie for shaking dishes and sliding down slides with gingerbread houses. Who am I kidding, by the end of this holiday season I'm not gonna remember any of it. 

My Ratting: ⭐⭐ 








Where to Watch: Hallmark Channel 

Comments