A Dickens of a Holiday! (2021)


Synopsis: 
To mark the one hundredth anniversary of her hometown's Victorian festival a success, Cassie invites action movie star and former high school classmate Jake to play Scrooge in "A Christmas Carol." 

Starring: 
Brooke D'Orsay, Kristoffer Polaha, Chad Willett, Greg Rogers, Cheyenne, Jovanna Burke, Nathan Lynn, Camille Mitchell, and Lauren Robek 

Genre: 
Romance 

Premiered: 
December 10, 2021 - Hallmark Channel 


🎄 2021 Christmas Binge Watch Movie #86 🎄 

---- Minor Spoilers ---- 

I really liked this one, it was cute. A little bonkers, but cute. Kristoffer Polaha and Brooke D'Orsay had solid chemistry and were kinda adorable together. Like I didn't know so much work went into playing Scrooge. This movie tackles him like it's the great white whale of acting. They were so intense trying to get into character and find his meaning. Guys it's Scrooge, it's not rocket science. I will say I love me some Kristoffer Polaha but his Scrooge was so out there, he screamed all his lines. It's almost that kind of bad that it's brilliant and you’re just dumb. I don't know. We saw snippets of the play, and I kinda wish we got to see it all cause I bet that would've been something. I laughed when the first image of the big Hollywood action star was him riding on top of a car with a giant fan and green screen behind him making his dumb movie. Jake is clearly living the high life of a diva, with an assistant who does everything for him, but yet he can't get an audition for a dramatic part in his mother's favorite made up book for this movie. I forget the title, but it was very reminiscent of East of Eden. He only happens to go back home to Dickens to play Scrooge because his high school crush is directing, and he's got something to prove. Meanwhile Cassie only got the part of director because her mom told everybody she directed on Broadway, which was an exaggeration, and now she's got much to prove herself while also handling Jake. Jake's brother by the way is a straight up turd. There's not much conflict in the movie, it's pretty much a straight forward romance, but I do like that not everybody gets what they wanted and are okay with it. 

My Rating: ⭐⭐⭐ 









Where to Watch: Hallmark Channel

Comments