A Lot Like Christmas (2021)


Synopsis: 
Jessica's small Christmas tree farm is forced to compete for business like never before when a big corporation, and its handsome head of marketing, movie into her town. 

Starring: 
Maggie Lawson, Christopher Russell, Marlie Collins, Matt Visser, Frances Flanagan, Ian Collins, Brenda Crichlow, and Dolores Drake 

Genre: 
Romance 

Premiered: 
December 5, 2021 - GAC Family 


🎄 2021 Christmas Binge Watch Movie #96 🎄


I think I hate this movie. It’s just to dang nice. We’re dealing with livelihoods and potentially losing a thirty year old family business and it’s all niceties. These squeaky clean movies are just to afraid of real conflict. The desire to always be nice is a real detriment. Hurt some feelings, it’s okay. The mom is so annoyingly neutral. Why does everybody want these two to get together? I know he’s doing his job, but realistically this is ridiculous. Maybe my big problem with this is that Christopher Russell plays his role entirely one note, and that note is indifference. When he’s snooping around and using folks for intel, indifference. When’s he’s lying to the lady he’s potentially putting out of business, indifference. When he feels bad for lying to her, indifference. I don’t believe you can separate business and personal on this level without truly hurt feelings. They’re competing against each other and dating without ever really dating. I need, well I needed any of these actors to show more than one range of emotion. Sure she’s potentially losing her farm, and livelihood, and family legacy, but she can’t lose a man. They must be madly in love, it’s been like ten days. Listen, I know I’m being hypocritical here cause I watch a lot of these chaste cheesy movies with the same plot over and over again, but seven times out of ten there’s some emotion and hurt being shown. The potential couples have to work their way back to forgiveness. I know these type of movies are supposed to be positive and have that feel good ending and that’s completely fine, and obviously I’m a fan cause I watch so many, but I just needed more. Maybe I’m overthinking it, but there is no struggle in this movie. The obstacle in this movie is not really an obstacle, it’s just a plot device for our leads to date and fall in love in a week. Whatever. 

My Rating: ⭐ 





Where to Watch: GAC Family, IMDB TV

Comments