Christmas Down Under (2021)


Synopsis: 
Tightly-wound Ellie flies to Australia and enlists help to find her husband and his eclectic family. 

Starring: 
Justine Kaeir, Paul O'Brien, Laila Thaker, John Jarratt, Joanne Samuel, Varun Fernando, Antonielle Iesue, Brooke Liz, Yasmin Horner, and Kristy Wright 

Genre: 
Comedy, Adventure 

Premiered: 
November 21, 2001 - ION TV 


🎄 2021 Christmas Binge Watch Movie #81 🎄

The music and background sounds were so loud you could barely hear the dialog. I had to put the subtitles on because the sounds of crickets were louder than the dialog. I wish there was a way to shut the score off, it was so annoying. The soundtrack was so busy. We didn’t need to constantly hear the didgeridoo to know we were in Australia. 


I liked the actors, and I feel bad for some of them who had to do American accents as they were unsuccessful in that arena. It’s a zany Christmas adventure. A couple fights, hubby goes back home to Australia and wifey soon follows except she looses all her stuff and has to rely on the kindness of strangers to help her out. I did laugh at the dad when he destroyed the four thousand dollar gingerbread train station. The way he causally walked away was funny. Honestly I did laugh at some stuff, and I genuinely was having fun with it all watching, but it’s not great. I guess I was in a mood. Make no mistake, this movie is a hot mess. 

My Rating: ⭐⭐ 





Where to Watch: ION TV 

Comments