Miracle in Motor City (2021)


Synopsis:
Amber Dupont bites off more than she can chew when she takes charge of her church's annual Christmas pageant and inadvertently promises to deliver a special performance by Motown Legend Smokey Robinson. When her best friends secretly enlist Amber's former flame Eddie to help - the pair reconnect in a quest to find Smokey and convince him to appear. With the clock ticking, family, and friends come together to stage the most special pageant yet. 

Starring: 
Tia Mowry-Hardrict, Mark Taylor, Kyana Teresa, and Smokey Robinson 

Genre: 
Drama, Romance 

Premiered: 
November 28, 2021 - Lifetime Channel 


🎄 2021 Christmas Binge Watch Movie #59 🎄 

I really wished I liked this movie more than I did, just felt like something was missing. Loved the spiritual aspect, the positive messaging on being a foster parent and adoption. All that stuff worked. I really didn't care much about the romance, and that's a majority of the movie, but I did appreciate that once they reunited there really wasn't any obstacles in the way. Made it a tad boring if I'm honest. The whole plot of trying to get Smokey Robinson to perform at their Christmas concert was fine and all if they actually worked on that. Why would you promise someone would be there if you hadn't even tried to contact them beforehand? Just gonna pull it out of a hat I guess. They went on a lead to try to track him down, then spent a good chunk of the movie doing other things, then remembered they gotta lock down Smokey, and then back to doing other things. The absolute bare minion was done to get Smokey to appear at that concert. This holiday tale is well done, well acted, it just didn't a hundred percent work for me. That said, I did enjoy a good majority of the movie, I'd probably watch it again at some point. 

My Rating: ⭐⭐½ 






Where to Watch: Lifetime, Prime Video 

Comments